Welcome to our blog, and thanks for coming! Feel free to kick back, relax, and have a spot of tea with us. And if you enjoy what you read, let us know by following us or making comments on our posts.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not Without My Fingernails!!!



For about a month or so, I've been struggling with TPs, no matter where I'm trying to go. The situation was a small hassle at first, but when friends were waiting expectantly for my arrival, it escalated to major annoyance status. Fortunately, I found a little blurb on a website somewhere that talked about scripted prims interfering with the ability to TP. I tried to remember what I had started wearing about the time my TP problems began, but, like any REAL SL shopper, there were enough new attachments (hair, AO, shoes, etc.) to require a little experimentation. I detached my accessories one piece at a time and tried to TP...and finally came upon the culprit: my beautiful color change nails! I took them off, and SwoooSH, I was off to another sim.

You'd think this would be a good discovery, knowing which of the offending items was keeping me from leaving my home sim. But...it wasn't. The nails were a real find, something I'd been waiting for in SL for a couple of years. Not only are they beautiful and scripted to change colors, but they also can be resized to fit my hands AND come with an AO that keeps them on the tips of my fingers, even when I move my hands -- the best selling point of all. They're perfect, and I was loathe to go anywhere without them because they're a great attraction for other female avatars I see out and about on the grid.

So, now that I know where the problem lies, I've had to start removing the nails before every TP and reattaching them afterwards. This isn't an ideal solution, but I'm not willing to give up my beautiful nails just yet. I waited too long for them to come around. I am hoping, however, that I'll soon have a better solution for the problem -- a script update or improvement to the TP system in SL. Meanwhile, if you're trying to TP me to your party, please tell me how beautiful my hands look when I get there. I've gone through a lot of trouble to wear them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment