Welcome to our blog, and thanks for coming! Feel free to kick back, relax, and have a spot of tea with us. And if you enjoy what you read, let us know by following us or making comments on our posts.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Voice


One of the biggest features that LL touts as a plus in Second Life is the ability to speak over voice. However, since its addition to the viewer, it has been somewhat problematic, and it doesn't appear that the powers-that-be are interested in fixing it. Voice in Second Life is intermittent, unclear, and a pain to get started; it can ruin a great moment if you rely on it. This week proved such an occasion, as the boyfriend was whispering sweet nothings in my ear, and all I heard were partial words and electronic static. Needless to say, it was a disappointing experience. Thank goodness for the good sense the universe bestowed upon my love, who had the idea of opening GoogleTalk for our voice connection. I've never used GTalk before, but he talked me through it, and we were soon enjoying the romance once again without the interference and cutting out of SL voice. Thank you, Google (and my sweetie!). You saved the night and improved my Second Life experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment