Welcome to our blog, and thanks for coming! Feel free to kick back, relax, and have a spot of tea with us. And if you enjoy what you read, let us know by following us or making comments on our posts.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

We're Having a Ball!

Anyone that knows me (in SL or RL) knows that I can get so absorbed in the creative process that I lose track of time (and sometimes, my mind!).  Such was the case this weekend when a friend and I decided to collaborate on a ballgown -- something I've never attempted before, as I'm mostly just a "prim girl" who only mildly messes around in Photoshop.  But my friend has made a small business selling clothing, so I figured it was worth a try...and it might be quite fun.  It turned out to be, in fact, VERY fun, and I'm pleased to be able to say that we made SIX lovely gowns (okay, okay, all the same gown, just different colors).  We're both very happy with the result and are considering future collaborations already.  Here's a look at the black and white version of the gown:

A special thank you goes out to an old friend with a good eye who spotted a problem with the prototype and sent us looking for better textures.  I believe the ones we finally decided upon look much better than the originals.  

And since I enjoyed this experience so much, I've been teasing myself that I might just be successful at making more pretty clothing... so now I'm off to dream about prim bras and pants and skirts, and (dare I say it?) underwear and how I might change the (second) world with them!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment