Welcome to our blog, and thanks for coming! Feel free to kick back, relax, and have a spot of tea with us. And if you enjoy what you read, let us know by following us or making comments on our posts.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fashion Newness

I'm highly anticipating Paperdoll's opening of their lingerie and swimwear line, but since it's still not out, I decided to go see what was shaking in some of my other favorite stores.  Here's what I found:
First, I hit Hucci, 'cause it's still new to me (and I'm lovin' it!).  I'm not sure how long this piece has been on display, but I fell in love with it -- I'm a big fan of prim clothing, and if you ask me why, I'll refuse to tell you.  ;)  This set is called Love Machine, and though it's supposed to be lingerie, it's great paired with a little skirt or a pair of jeans.

Next I went to Miamai.  I received a notice Saturday that they were finally releasing the new Black Label avantgarde collection, and though I really wanted to go, I had a bit of a blond moment and forgot when it came time.  :P  The theme of the line is Spleen and Ideasm: Rise with the Army of the Dark King, and the advert runs like this: "Reach out to escape the burning light, lose yourself in the sweet temptation of darkness.  Are you human, are you machine -- or are you prepared to become both?"  I have to say, though many of the pieces are seriously odd looking, I really enjoyed the artistry of the whole collection.  It's fresh and dark and really quite wonderful.  However, not all of it is really geared to be worn by an ordinary girl like me.  :)  Still, I found three pieces that mostly work with my lifestyle:

This piece is called Morgane.  I love the leather texture and the bodice ruffles.  It's quite exquisite up close and personal, and I'm looking forward to taking it dancing -- and seeing if it attracts dance partners or scares them away! 


This next dress is Monarcha -- I'm thinking that's due to the butterfly look of the bodice.  Now though I think the dress is beautiful, I had to mod the crap out of it.  First, the skirt didn't fit remotely close to my shape.  Then, I removed two skulls from the hat -- which I found creepy.  Finally, I went to remove the skull from the neck piece and discovered it's no mod.  WTH???  (Looking at the piece in my inventory, it shows "no transfer," but when it's rezzed, it says transfer only.  How does that work?  Anyone?  I had the same problem with two pieces from the next outfit, too.  Very very strange.)  Here's a close-up of the neck piece:
Okay, the skull on this one is relatively small compared to the ones I removed from the hat, but does anyone else think the skulls are creepy?  Is it just me?  I haven't really been a fan of the skully movement that's been going on for the last few years, so maybe I'm just out of touch with the "skull love" thing.  
I love the post-apocalyptic look that's going on with this jacket (BTW, I put the censor bar there myself -- the jacket lets it all hang out, which I love, but I don't want to have to make this a restricted blog just yet).  However, the torso and hip pieces can't be modded, so they're a bit too big for my frame.  The jacket came with a very simple pant (which I hated), so I paired it with my new Bombom pants from Sweetest Goodbye.  I think it makes a much stronger statement (and I really love saying Bombom!).
And speaking of Sweetest Goodbye, I also picked up this adorable Drive jacket/vest while I was there.  The detailing is brilliant, and it's a nice piece to take into fall.
Finally, as I was walking out the door, this shirt and armwarmer set caught my eye.  I'm not sure I'm completely in love with the shirt portion, but the armwarmers are total cuteness, so I had to get it (and it helps that it was pretty cheap).  I only wish I could wear the armwarmers separately...there are so many outfits I own that they would enhance.

So, that was the end of my shopping spree, and I can't wait to show my friends all this cool newness in-world.  If you read this or see me out and about, either comment or IM me and tell me what you think.  

2 comments: